Founder and author of TheXpat Channel, a place where you will not only find information about moving, but also how to organize your digital photos while living abroad.
I believe that
moving should be exciting. Is is stressful? Yes, but it shouldn't be yet another chore. We should be able to have everything organized so that we can enjoy all of those moments. Even within the chaos.
I also believe that there's hope for the "millions" of photos you take everyday, and they can be organized. This site is for you, you, who love to experience new cultures, smells, and flavors. You who are starting a new adventure.
You're in the right place if...
- You're a 1st time woman expat planning a move.
- You are a mother sinking in the midst of your digital photos and you're not sure how to start organizing them.
- You want to organize and digitize your move.
A little bit about me
At 15 I went to live in Toronto, Canada to learn English and I loved every moment of it. I learned a lot, well, not much English because I became friends with the Brazilians in the language school, which for me, at that age was what I needed, but not what would help me become fluent in the language. I did learn a little bit about people, about how to handle myself on my own in a different country, different language, different culture. I lived with a Canadian family, and it was fun!
I didn't know that this would the beginning of my long term travels, but it was. 20+ years later, I am still traveling and moving about, now more than ever.
My mum always said she "raised us for the world". Meaning, we were their kids, but we weren't their property. We needed to go out and explore life as much as possible, we did just that and I hope my daughter follows on my path.
10 random facts
- I'm not crafty and every time I have to do anything crafty I get stressed out, like, really stressed out.
- My first car was an old dodge neon that I paid $1000 for. The door didn't lock and the radiator had a hole in it and whenever I traveled, it would heat and smoke would come out, so I'd have to stop every so often and fill it with water. It always took me 3 times as long to get anywhere.
- My favorite band is U2, I know, very cliche, but who cares? I've loved them since I was about 10, I could never go to a concert because they'd never be touring in the same town I was living in, until 2001. Since then I've been to every tour. I've seen then in London, Phoenix (x2), DC (x3), Pittsburgh.
- I'm not a cat person, but I like our cat because he acts like a dog and he's always happy to see me. Yeap, I guess I'm needy like that :-)
- I love winter sports, but I'm really bad at them. I'm bad at all sports, actually, but I wish I was good at them.
- In 2017 I've crossed the highest suspension bridge in the world (picture above) in Austria.
- I prefer odd numbers to even. Why is that? I don't know, but when I count in 2's I start at one and do 2's from that. I've always done it.
- I like English sarcasm, but I don't like rude people. Yes, there's a difference. Sarcasm is funny, being rude to others is not.
- I'm one of the few people in this world who doesn't like Apple.
- I don't mind the cold, I actually enjoy it, but the sun must be out. The grey and darkness are depressing to me.
I've been Featured in
Have a question or just want to say hi?
Shoot me an email and I'll get back to you!