founder and author of TheXpat Channel, a place where you will not only find information about moving, but also how to organize your digital photos while living abroad.
are to help you in your new life as an expat and by organizing the millions of photos you take everyday. You, who like to travel, but more than that, who love to experience new cultures, smells, flavors. I’m unbelievably grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to see so much in my life and learn so much.
A little bit about me
At 15 I went to live in Toronto, Canada to learn English and I loved every moment of it. I learned a lot, well, not much English because I became friends with the Brazilians in the language school, which for me, at that age was what I needed, but not what would help me become fluent in the language. I did learn a little bit about people, about how to handle myself on my own in a different country, different language, different culture. I lived with a Canadian family, and it was fun!
I didn't know that this would the beginning of my long term travels, but it was. 20+ years later, I am still traveling and moving about, now more than ever.
My mum always said she "raised us for the world". Meaning, we were their kids, but we weren't their property. We needed to go out and explore life as much as possible, we did just that and I hope my daughter follows on my path.
10 random facts about me
- My dream occupation would be to help as many people as possible to organize their digital photos.
- My first car was an old dodge neon that I paid $1000 for. The door didn't lock and the radiator had a hole in it and whenever I traveled, it would heat and smoke would come out, so I'd have to stop every so often and fill it with water. It always took me 3 times as long to get anywhere.
- My favorite band is U2, I know, very cliche, but who cares? I've loved them since I was about 10, I could never go to a concert because they'd never be touring in the same town I was living in, until 2001. Since then I've been to every tour. I've seen then in London, Phoenix (x2), DC (x3), Pittsburgh.
- I'm not a cat person, but I like our cat because he acts like a dog and he's always happy to see me. Yeap, I guess I'm needy like that :-)
- I love winter sports, but I'm really bad at them. I'm bad at all sports, actually, but I wish I was good at them.
- In 2017 I've crossed the highest suspension bridge in the world (picture above) in Austria.
- I prefer odd numbers to even. Why is that? I don't know, but when I count in 2's I start at one and do 2's from that. I've always done it.
- I like English sarcasm, but I don't like rude people. Yes, there's a difference. Sarcasm is funny, being rude to others is not.
- I'm one of the few people in this world who doesn't like Apple.
- I don't mind the cold, I actually enjoy it, but the sun must be out. The grey and darkness are depressing to me.
I've been Featured in
Have a question or just want to say hi?
Shoot me an email and I'll get back to you!